Evaluating, after a month of use my Sony PRS-T2

Sony eReader

Today exactly one month ago I bought my second eReader, a Sony PRS-T2 That from the first moment I considered too expensive and that a few days later I began to think that it was even cheap and that today I consider an authentic jewel at a «ridiculous price».

Surely many of you will dismiss me as an inconsiderate millionaire or a fool without more but if we stop to think about it and if you really like to read and are able to get enough out of this device, its price ends up being just a mere detail.

Returning to my article, because although it may not seem like that, I have not come here to assess whether it was worth spending the money on the Sony device or not, but rather to tell you my experience and personal opinion.

Sony eReader

Before deciding to buy the Sony PRS-T2 I tried many devices, I read hundreds of comparisons, information and articles throughout the network of networks and without a doubt I think that I was completely right in opting for this device and more after reading in this same corner the amount of problems that the other device is giving that finally I value buying together with the PRS-T2, I am talking as you can imagine about the BQ Cervantes Touch Light.

Among the positive points that I have found in this device I could highlight:

• Battery duration. I have had the device for exactly a month and using it daily I have not yet had to charge the battery which is undoubtedly something extraordinary
  • Reader speed. Except for startup, the page turning speed and the other functions that can be carried out with the eReader are extremely fast
  • Format compatibility. Undoubtedly this point for me was an urgent need that the Sony PRS-T2 has managed to cover with an excellent note and that is that I can read PDF or EPUB files without problem or difficulty
  • Ease of use. For all those who say, especially people of advanced age, that they will not abandon their traditional books for an electronic book because of the difficulty in handling it, they are very wrong. It is possibly the easiest and simplest device of this type to handle

Sony eReader

How could it be otherwise in this month I have also discovered some negative points but that in no case cloud my general opinion about this device:

• Unable to extract the notes. Notes can be taken on each word or phrase in a book but cannot be extracted, for example to the computer, which is undoubtedly a negative point
  • Exterior design. I chose a black Sony PRS-T2 for being serious and in principle clean, but every time I put a finger on the exterior trim my fingerprint stays on it, making the exterior of the device "a bit ugly".

Without a doubt, after many rounds, hours of searching and reading information and opinions, I sincerely believe that I was completely right when I bought a Sony PRS-T2 to the point that if someone offered me an exchange for any other device right now, giving me a full refund of the price that the Sony device cost me and without charging me any euro for the new device, I would respond negatively without a single second's hesitation.

What has been your experience and assessment of the eReader that the Kings or Santa Claus gave you?.

More information - Comparison: Sony PRS-T1 Vs Sony PRS-T2

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

1. Responsible for the data: Miguel Ángel Gatón
  2. Purpose of the data: Control SPAM, comment management.
  3. Legitimation: Your consent
  4. Communication of the data: The data will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
  5. Data storage: Database hosted by Occentus Networks (EU)
  6. Rights: At any time you can limit, recover and delete your information.

1.   undecided said

And the question that many of us ask ourselves is: which is better, this one or the Paperwhite?

1.    Villamandos said

I have tested the 2 and long the Sony PRS-T2

1.    swapping said

Have you really tried both? What comparison did you make? You are comparing a previous generation e-reader (the PRS-T2, obviously) with a new generation one. Could you explain why the SONY is better in length?

1.    Villamandos said

For me because of the speed of the system, possibilities when reading files, design and manageability of the device when connected to the computer. In addition to many negative aspects that I do not like about the Kindle.

Each one is very free to have an opinion, I have mine, you have yours and each one the one he wants.

For me the Sony device may be better but for you another one and it doesn't have to be bad ...

1.    swapping said

Each one can have a clear opinion, that does not mean that there are certain things that are objective. How does the PRS-T2 beat the Paperwhite? In that it reads more formats and has a MicroSD card slot. How does the Paperwhite beat it? In resolution, in speed (yes, the page turn of the Paperwhite is much faster, for example), in technical support (Amazon gives the best technical support today of all e-reader companies), in its lighting front-light, in the free storage in the Amazon Cloud, etc.

Regarding what you say, the manageability of the Kindle when connected to the computer is as simple as that of a pendrive. I do not enter the design because it is something clearly subjective.

I suppose it is possible that SONY will sooner or later release an e-reader for this generation that can compete with the KoboGlo, Tagus Lux, Kindle Paperwhite, etc., but to this day there is no such reader and again I emphasize that the PRS -T2 compared to some of the previous ones is nothing more than a reader of the past generation and, in general, inferior.

Honestly, I believe that you have not had the possibility to compare both readers so it is not good to express opinions about it.

Without acrimony, greetings.

2.    cataphract said

System speed? On a Sony PRS-T2? Please ... If even the Kindle 4 of 79 euros gives a thousand turns at startup and turn the page (better of that we do not talk so as not to humiliate poor Sony). As for the battery life, the normal thing for ANY READER is that it lasts around a month at a rate of half or an hour of daily reading, so they have not invented the wheel in that either.

Regarding the «ease of use», the Kindle 4 (which is not tactile) is much more intuitive and «natural» when it comes to turning the page, since all you have to do is press any of the forward and backward buttons on both sides. e the screen with your thumb or index finger. And as for the price, well ... Kindle 4 at 79 euros (and a couple of days ago, on sale at 59 euros).

The K4 does not read ePub, true, but that is not currently a problem, since all the books that are sold and pirated are in the ePub and mobi formats (the one on the Kindle), and some in the new Amazon KF8 format. And then there is the Caliber.

And that's without talking about the many possibilities of the Kindle outside of reading books: sending and automatic conversion of web pages and newspapers, downloading of book previews, possibility of returning purchased books if you don't like them ... Anyway.

A little more objectivity and rigor, please.

3.    Marcial said

Then the tito Amazon will come, it will put your readers on Wi-Fi and erase all your books for discretionary reasons (as it has already done more than once). And the rest of us will laugh a lot at you for being so foolish to have made you dance with the devil.

4.    pepe_thunder said

Please !! Where do you get that nonsense?

5.    Maria del Carmen said

You seem to know Sony well, and I have a problem: I don't see some books that I have loaded recently, if I look at it through the computer there they are, but they don't appear in the Reader. I have deleted a few already read, but it still does not show me the new ones, what can I do? I am desperateaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2.   Eduardo Perez said

I have a white paper.

What far surpasses the Sony, is the backlight.
    It's just great.
    The device does not "deform" in an external light, it maintains its aesthetics. In addition, it is graduated depending on the amount of light in the environment.
    It has the same problem with the surface. My footprints are everywhere. The battery capacity is 4 weeks, or 3 if you have it with Wi-Fi and the backlight always active, minor problem.

I have always used kindle, and I do not know if the same facilities have other devices. Only at first did I use the laptop connection to pass books. Currently, the way to pass a book cannot be easier than sending an email to the Kindle, and in 30 seconds or less I already have it on the e-reader, without having to go around looking to connect it to the laptop.

The screen resolution is one of the highest on the market, that is due to technical specification. When turning the page it is not noticeable.

What gives it added value is that the Kindle learns from your reading habits. Depending on how much you read, it calculates how long you are going to finish the chapter (10 minutes, 12, 15 etc.) or in how many hours you would finish the book. If you get lazy, and you stop reading for days, it is recalculated.

Finally, when I go from one kindle to another, the books are in the "cloud", I just have to synchronize them and I have exactly the same.

The touch surface has been greatly improved. The buttons have been set aside, save one. And when you touch the surface, it feels porous, like a sheet of paper.

Greetings.

1.    Villamandos said

Great evaluation of the Kindle friend, thank you very much for it.

A greeting!

3.   alai said

With the sony prs t1 if you can extract notes from books. Just use the Sony Reader for Pc software. You open the book and in the lower right part you click the icon to export notes.

1.    Villamandos said

I'll try it to see if it works for both. Thank you!!

1.    Sansa said

You can also use Evernote to share the notes with your Evernote account and thus have them available on your computer or phone.

4.   Undecided2 said

And what about PDFs? Which one do they read better, on this device or on the Paperwhite?

1.    Villamandos said

In the Sony they read very, very well, in the Kindle I tried it for a very short time and I did not get to try reading any PDF because it is not a necessity for me at the moment.

1.    cataphract said

No matter how well they are read, a PDF is NOT intended to be viewed on a 6 ″ screen, unless, I repeat, it has been generated with a page size that respects the dimensions in mm of a 6 ″ screen. Readers do not work miracles, especially if the PDF has illustrations.

1.    David miralles said

Man, it depends on how the PDF is generated. If what you have is a photocopy in electronic format, yes, but if for example it is extracted from a .doc, the reader only captures the text and it looks fantastic. You can tell that you hate the Sony but the kindle is not that good and the Sony is not that bad. I have a T1 and except for the light, the rest is done by my reader without problems. What the T2 lacks is Audio playback, I sometimes like to listen to a little background music while reading.

1.    reader said

Actually, regardless of the origin of the PDF, an e-reader (regardless of its brand) will not be very comfortable to handle if the file is generated in A4 format. For PDFs of that size a tablet will always be better (if it can be 9,7 or 10,1 ″ better).

2.    cataphract said

Hello. No 6 ″ screen e-ink reader is suitable for reading PDF, unless it is 'printed' for that size. If you work with DINA4 size PDF, your thing is to buy an 8 ″ reader or a 10 ″ tablet.

5.   CARMEN "LOST" said

hello, I have been given a Sony PRS-T2. The problem is that on the subject of ebooks I am quite ignorant. I have books on my computer in pdf format, can I transfer it to the sony as is? or I have to convert them to another format.

If I have to convert them, please, how is it done? Thanks

6.   Pepe Aragón said

Where can I find a pencil for the sony prst2, mine has been lost

7.   Cockpits said

When it comes to reading books in PDF format, no one can beat the Sony T1,2. I have a Kindle and a Kobo, but I always go back to my Sony because they have the ideal software to read PDF books: their columns, their automatic clipping, their ability to read them as if they were an ePub without the need to convert, anyway. For PDFs, the Sony T1,2 are second to none.
    regards

8.   Cockpits said

When it comes to reading books in PDF format, no one can beat the Sony T1,2. I have a Kindle and a Kobo illuminated, but I always return to my Sony because they have the ideal software to read books in PDF, in addition to the practicality of its buttons: the possibility of reading them in columns, making automatic cropping, the possibility of reading them as if of an ePub it will be without the need to convert them, anyway. For PDFs, the Sony T1,2 are second to none.
    regards

1.    Ale kendra said

how do you do that? I cut the bottom of each pdf page for me, I bought it a week ago and I want to throw it away! I have a prs600 that I love, but I'm old, that's why I wanted to update it, I need to read it in pdf, it takes me out if I have to convert 1600 books, help me ,,, I'll leave you my email if you can do it alejandrasanroman@hotmail.com, Thank you!

9.   acid said

Hello, I wanted to ask you if it is useful for taking notes at university, or if you can read a book and quickly go to an editor to summarize the book. Thanks

10.   Save said

I don't know if this will be active yet, but I'm trying my luck. With an Epub of Game of Thrones the ebook (it is this model) turns me through pages three at a time: from 412-315 to 416-419, making it impossible for me to read what in theory it says in 413 since the button jumps around these blocks and the touch goes crazy if I try to drag.

It is normal?

1.    Save said

Well, a friend passed it to me, so I understand that right?

1.    Villamandos said

Well, I couldn't tell you the truth then, I recommend that you ask in the forum, it has never happened to me with my device.

Another option could be to get another identical book to see if the problem lies in the digital book that would be the most normal.

11.   gerardo said

hello, I have a problem with a T2 that I bought this week, I can't fully load a book that I have converted from FB2 to PDF, it has to have 692 pages and only 61 is loaded, someone knows why.

Thank you

12.   antonio said

I have a Sony. Although I was evaluating buying the kindle. Either one is fine. While the kindle has other "features," I don't think it's superior for that or the other way around.
    Let's not forget what your role is: to read a book. I don't want it to play mp3 or obviously video (screen limitations).
    But, has anyone seen a traditional book with light? I do not, therefore, I consider it essential that the screen of my reader does not have it, although the light is not backlit like that of Kindle. I work a lot with computers to try to avoid light when reading.
    They say that the kindle is faster when it comes to turning the page ... honestly, mine turns it faster than it takes me to look up.
    Also for work and studies I have to open and alternate several word and pdf documents. Nor would I think of doing it with the Sony reader, but neither with the Kindle, simply neither of them could cover even 10% of my power and speed needs, for that I have a computer and a tablet.
    In short, the kindle has light (it is not necessary, on the contrary, I avoid it), is it faster? I don't need that speed. It does more things…. I just want it to read. Anyone does the job well for which it is: reading, I have friends with the Kindle and very happy.

13.   Esther said

Well, I have a problem: When I buy a book online (paying) it stays on my computer's hard drive but I can't transfer it to the ereader. With free or pirated books, on the other hand, I have no problem. The purchase format is .acsm, they carry the DRM, and although I have Adobe Digital Editions and Caliber installed, I don't know where the fault is, but I don't see them in the ereader (although it tells me that yes, they already exist, that if I want to replace them…) It's a frustration. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

14.   Ricardo said

Hi, thanks for the comment. I would like to ask a question about this reader because I am evaluating the purchase.
    I have seen that it has an integrated English-Spanish dictionary, h that from reading the book, selecting a word you can see the translation. I am interested in this functionality for French, but the reader I have seen has a French-English dictionary, and not French-Spanish.
    Do you know if it is possible to download Spanish-French dictionaries and integrate them into the reading?
    Thank you

15.   sasha said

Hello, I would like to know if the e-books can be purchased with debit from the sony prs T2? Thanks!

1.    Villamandos said

What do you mean by debit?

A greeting!

16.   Shoei said

I have this sony and I am also delighted. Especially with the speed with which it loads the books and pages. And also with the software that it includes to manage it, which is very intuitive and simple.

17.   lara said

Good! as someone asked below… is it possible to add a Spanish-French dictionary to the default dictionaries of the sony e-reader? (to the prst3 that has come out again now)

18.   Polar Bear said

Of course you can extract the notes to a computer. Use the sony reader (PC or Mac) for that

19.   Authorless said

I like the prs t2 much more (it has buttons, touch screen, ease of use ...), although I admit that the lighting of pw is very good

20.   Adolfo said

I have been given the prst2 as a gift, but I have a question that the seller has not resolved. When you turn the page or upload a photo, it blinks a lot until the image stabilizes. It is normal?

21.   Maryam manzur said

Hello my husband gave me last week because I meet this ebook or reader, I am new and I am trying to handle it, it is until I adapt, if I have a query, and downloaded a lot of books including a trilogy that I am dying to read All the formats that I download are pdf, because I really don't know which format works best, and of the three books the first and third books do not allow me to change the letter, because ????? I downloaded the same book from other pages but the same thing that happens with the second book continues to happen to me, I do not suffer, but I cannot read the second if I did not read the first, please could you help me since apparently you have more experience and you know how to handle it help me please, thank you very much

22.   sibyl said

I am launching a sony prsT2, I have already incorporated 100 books, I am a very good reader .. and maybe eager for the news. Is it convenient to load in advance? Another question It usually happens that, when you click on the book, a sign appears stating: ** the file cannot be found, the item has been removed from the computer **, despite being marked with the word NEW. What does it mean? Didn't I get that book back?
    Regarding * charging the battery *, what is more convenient? Wait here is it completely exhausted or charge before?
    Thankful if I receive answers to these problems that have been presented.

23.   Raúl Pallero said

Hello Villalobos, I have the PRS T2 and when downloading books with DRM protection, I should load an Adobe ID in the reader, how is it done? I have gone through all the configuration and I can not find anything, I am a neophyte by the way in cybernetic issues. Thanks Raul

24.   Joaquin George said

Hello, thanks for your criticism, it helped me in the decision to buy it. I am from Argentina and the e-reader market is not developed here; Although there are companies that manufacture in our country many ranges of electronic products such as tablets, notebooks, lcd's, etc, and I am talking about brands such as Sony, Hitanchi, Lenovo, among others; They are not dedicated to e-readers. The only one that has representation is Grammata. So having gotten this Sony, surely imported, is a valuable find.

25.   ender said

I think that to take a month using the erreader, it does not seem like a very extensive analysis, in fact I still have many doubts, and nothing is even commented on the dictionaries, something that for many is fundamental (and I understand that there is no dictionary in Spanish, and that does not allow to install dictionaries, something that in kindle does allow), nothing is said about the visualization of images; Because a person who chooses an ereader that allows reading more formats, it is because of the added value that these provide, and here it is not said if, for example, the images can be rotated, or you can zoom in and zoom out; in fact not even the technical details and a long etc. have been put in.

26.   vicentez55 said

I miss a good dictionary of the RAE that allows me to consult the words in Spanish, about which I may have doubts. My ebook has 11 integrated dictionaries, but not the RAE one, and what is worse, SONY refuses to incorporate it, much less make it easier for those of us who already have the PRS-T2. Personally I will take it into account to the detriment of SONY. Greetings

27.   Elizabeth said

I am a great reader and I am thinking of buying a device, but I am not deciding between Sony and kindle, can someone please help me by telling me which is the easiest to use and that it helped to read at night without light? Thank you

28.   The wick said

I can only say that I hate the sony and the attention, manageability and reliability are THE WORST

29.   You Can Say (@SePueDecir) said

My Sony reader has always been bad. Every so often he would get stuck when consulting the dictionary or when changing books. It took forever to turn the page. I decided to update the software from the Sony page and there it stayed. Forever locked. I took it to an official service and they have told me that I have to throw it away, that I better buy another one. I tell them that it is like this since I tried to install their software as indicated and they do not give me any other solution than to throw it away.

I spent good money on a thing thinking that Sony was a guarantee and was actually a scam.

It has no advantage over other readers, it is complicated to handle, slow, crashes, crashes and on top of that Sony's technical service and customer care do not exist. His option is always "buy yourself a new one."

30.   marvin said

I have both, they are both excellent but the kindle surpasses the sony, not only surpasses the sony for the illumination, but on the kindle you can download books from anywhere on the internet and not on the sony.

31.   Francisco said

Please, could someone tell me the way to uninstall the Sony PRSA-SC22 Carrying Case • For Sony Book Reader • Color Red
    • Reference .: SONY-PRSASC22R.WW
    • P / N ………… ..: PRSASC22R.WW
    • Family …… .: Digital Books - Ebooks

32.   Mar said

Hello everyone: could you please tell me what is the average life of your e-readers? I have a Kindle Touch and after two years and 7 months the menu key has broken and I can't get to it. I am frankly disappointed with this brand, since I acquired it thinking about the added value it could provide: quality, books in amazon, etc. But now I find that as it is out of warranty they cannot fix it and the only solution is buy me one of their stock of cheaper devices. Do e books last so short? Mine is super well cared for so it seems like a short time.
    That is why I am thinking of switching to SONY.
    Best regards.

33.   Rober said

The smooth brains who love Apple are the same ones who love Kindle. Gods…..