Comparison: Sony PRS-T1 Vs Sony PRS-T2

Sony PRS-T2 colors

A few weeks ago, Sony launched what is the second version of his successful e-reader and which he has dubbed the PRS-T2 in a continuation of the name that he already created for the first version of his device and which achieved impressive sales success and also achieved a high degree of satisfaction among all those who decided to buy it. Today we bought the new PRS-T2 with its predecessor, the PRS-T1 that is still on the market available for purchase and that at first glance seems to be exactly the same as the new model although with a lower price and that sometimes confuses buyers, because no, they are not the same in terms of performance.

Among the similarities we can find the same electronic ink system (E-Ink Pearl), the same amount of internal memory and the ability to read quite a few different e-book formats. The measurements are very similar, and the weight remains at 167 grams compared to 168 of the previous model, almost imperceptible unless we put them on a scale.

Black model Sony PRS-T1

The main visual difference that we are going to find between the PRS-T1 and the PRS-T2 is their design, which has changed slightly, especially in the area of ​​the buttons where we will find a change in their style. Once we started to make use of the new Sony e-reader we find the following news:

• The speed of the device has been improved and in this new PRS-T2 turning the page, zooming or moving between menus will be somewhat faster than in the previous model, the PRS-T1
  • Integration with the popular Evernote application and that will allow us, for example, to save an article in said application and have it available for reading on our Sony PRS-T2. In the same way, if we write a note on our e-reader we will have it available in our Evernote account
  • Possibility of sharing on Facebook different passages of what we are reading at that moment
Black model Sony PRS-T2

Perhaps the only thing that we can miss in this new Sony e-reader is the absence of the MP3 player that we had available in the PRS-T1 version and that has disappeared in the PRS-T2 according to Sony sources to avoid excessive battery consumption.
With or without an MP3 player, the new Sony e-reader has improved a lot in terms of performance and is undoubtedly one of the best devices on the market and with a more than reasonable price.
More information – Sony PRS-T1 eReader, reviews and impressions
Source - sony.co.uk

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

1. Responsible for the data: Miguel Ángel Gatón
  2. Purpose of the data: Control SPAM, comment management.
  3. Legitimation: Your consent
  4. Communication of the data: The data will not be communicated to third parties except by legal obligation.
  5. Data storage: Database hosted by Occentus Networks (EU)
  6. Rights: At any time you can limit, recover and delete your information.

1.   Luis said

My mother has the pink Sony PRS-T1 and she is really delighted. He has not been able to test the new model but for now the old one works like a charm.

Very good article!

1.    Villamandos said

That model is beautiful and the cover in the same color is beautiful.

The differences from the first model to the second are noticeable but the first of the devices is still a very, very good device.

A greeting!

2.   Ivan said

I have the sony prs t-1 and the only thing missing is an es-es dictionary. Otherwise it is almost perfect.

3.   Alex said

We are thinking of giving the Sony PRS-T2 to my mother-in-law, she saw it with a friend and was quite convinced.

However, between this and the Kindle I am not sure which one is more worthwhile, apart from the price for performance and use, in case it would get all the performance.

If this is better than the kindle but it is not squeezed more than to read and period I do not know if the difference in price makes sense.

Any opinion to give me a cable?
    Thx!

4.   Davinci said

please someone make 8 or 9 inch screens in eink, six is ​​ridiculous you do not leave your eyes with the tft and you leave it forcing it with the small print and the constant line satos as blinks is ridiculous

1.    Irene Benavidez said

Someone makes them. In this same blog you have articles about the 92 ″ Onyx Boox M9,7 or the Tagus Magno, of the same measure (to give a few examples).

But, you also have other options (some discontinued but accessible second-hand): Kindle DX, the PocketBook Pro… It's a matter of searching.

5.   Nacho said

Hello, I ask from my ignorance and with total ignorance. If you have the possibility of buying both, is T2 better than T1? In my particular case, the mp3 is secondary, in the T2 you can root and read Kindle books with it ?. Thanks

6.   fir tree said

If t2 is faster than t1, it will be when it initializes, the page turn and menu access is just as fast.

T2 is a booby trap like the crown of a pine tree. They needed to release something new and used the same software, removing features and further restricting the connection to different loading programs, such as Adobe Digital Editions. The only good thing about it is that the frame is matte rather than glossy, otherwise worsened.

It has no music or sd card input and if you update the firmware, the Sony dictatorship prevents rooting.

7.   Jona said

A question that I have that I lost the box and I do not know the characteristics of the t1, you could provide them to me that I want to sell it and I need it this new one, only configure it if you are interested in writing to me, thanks

8.   Search said

I have a problem, I put a password and I can't remember it and it won't let me access the menu, I try to format it but it won't let me do anything. What I can do ?